Question: PTO membership question

Can a parent be apart of a PTO group in the town they reside in even though their child no longer is in that school district?

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Liz L writes:
Hi - Check the bylaws for who is eligible for membership (usually a “member in good standing”) and then for how a member in good standing is defined. If non-parents aren’t explicitly called out as ineligible for office or for membership, they they can take part in the group.
-Liz from PTO Today

Answer this question: