Message Boards

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Message Boards
Join the conversation! No soliciting or ads, please. Registration is not required but encouraged to get the most out of our community features.

Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST

8 years 9 months ago #162458 by kkwilkinson0608
I just submitted a donation request to thirty-one corporate. Here is the link:
www.thirtyonegives.org/request.html
8 years 9 months ago #162460 by Tireless volunteer
Replied by Tireless volunteer on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
If you read their guidelines it looks like thirty one does not give to schools...Please note, Thirty-One Gifts does not support the following:
  • Organizations that are not tax-exempt under paragraph 501(c) (3) of the U.S. IRS Code
  • Individuals for any purpose
  • Athletic events or teams, bands and choirs (including equipment and uniforms)
  • Debt-reduction or retirement campaigns
  • Public or private primary or secondary schools
  • Requests to support travel
  • Groups or organizations that will re-grant Thirty-One Gives' gifts to other organizations or individuals
  • Lobbying activities
8 years 8 months ago #162475 by Jax8380
I love this board. I found it last year and have had so much fun fishing around for donations. It feels like Christmas morning when I get a package in the mail.

We have had great success by contacting children's authors. So far we have received Three Autographed copies of books. Our teachers are especially excited by these. Pete the Cat is very popular among our students, so I was uber excited when we were able to choose which book we wanted signed and donated! Mike Thaler, author of the Teacher from the Black Lagoon, also sent a book and a nice letter. Many of the authors do not have donation request forms. I simply went to their webpage and sent an email via their contact me links.

Hope this helps.
8 years 8 months ago #162476 by Jenn
Replied by Jenn on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
Does anyone have a list of children's authors that will donate to their event? I have contacted the following through their emails already and gotten positive responses.

Rebecca Sklool
Jan Brett
Erin Fry

I have been trying a whole bunch of different authors blindly but if anyone has received books already and would be willing to list who gave, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #162479 by Rose H
Hi everyone!

A big shout out to CLTGoodWife for starting this thread!

Wanted you all to know we have closed the original Ultimate Donation List (www.ptotoday.com/boards/35-auctions/1512...timate-donation-list) for any new posts.

We will keep it on the site as a reference and you can still do searches on it.

Thanks for keeping up such and active and helpful community resource!

The PTO Today team
8 years 8 months ago #162480 by Ninja4Good
I've had luck contacting the Offices of various malls. They will donate a mall gift certificate for up to $250. The typical donation is $50 but can be used at any store throughout that specific mall. So go shopping ladies!
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds