Message Boards

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Message Boards
Join the conversation! No soliciting or ads, please. Registration is not required but encouraged to get the most out of our community features.

Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST

8 years 8 months ago #162491 by Susan
Replied by Susan on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
There is a lot of fine print and some extra fees. I don't think it is that bad of a deal but some others on the old thread have mixed feedback. But it is a time share type deal that makes you listen to a sales pitch when you get there.
8 years 8 months ago #162492 by EDA
Replied by EDA on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
I also received the premier vacations certificate and we decided that we are not putting it on the auction. I read the reviews online and the time share pitch seemed aggressive to some. It was a generous donation but I don't want someone complaining to me later. The winner would still pay a lot for airfare and food so for me, this was too risky got our comfort level.
8 years 8 months ago #162494 by kkwilkinson0608
Thank you all for your input, I will have to look this over with my assistant. It definitely sounds like I am going to have to put a disclaimer with our auction goers.
8 years 8 months ago #162498 by aliciabarefoot
I am in the North Carolina area. Are there any tips on good contacts for this area. I have contacted a lot of the post just playing the waiting game now. But most of those are national companies. Our auction is in March so kind of short on time. This is my first year so I was unaware of the long delays in the request so this has been a huge help in case I help again next year. working on local stores and gyms and such but any tips would be great. thanks
8 years 8 months ago #162499 by fjrogers1
@Aliciabarefoot...I've been doing an elementary school auction in SW Virginia for 5 years now and am able to get lots of donations from different "tourist" places in NC. I would google the large cities in NC (Charlotte, Winston-Salem, etc) along with "Things to do" and contact all of those places which show up in the search. Most have "contact us" links so you can just email them. Off the top of my head, the Greensboro Children's Museum, Reynolda House, Old Salem, NC Zoo, Carolina Raptor Center are just a few which have been very generous. You're lucky in the fact that you are in NC and will probably have better luck. I would also contact tourist attractions in surrounding states too
8 years 8 months ago #162501 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
Does anyone use Bidding for Good? I received a lot of their emails from requesting sponsorship/donations last year and now they are calling me to give me their pitch. Any information on that would be helpful. Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds